I’ve made these a few times and they are delicious. And for good reason, look at the ingredients!
Super easy to make and pretty quick too. Always thought they would be a great dish to make while camping, or prior to leaving and taking along.
I think they’d be delicious with burgers and dogs. Or just eat them out of the bowl. I may, or may not, have done this so I’m not judging.
- 5 whole Large Red Potatoes
- 1 stick Butter, Softened And Cut Into Pieces
- 5 slices Bacon, Cooked And Crumbled
- 2 whole Green Onions, Sliced
- 3/4 cups Sour Cream
- Salt To Taste (add Plenty!)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste (ditto!)
- 3/4 cups French Fried Onions, More For Topping
Either bake your potatoes in the oven or microwave until fork tender. I did mine in the microwave and the world kept turning so I think it’s okay.
Add potatoes to a large bowl and smash with a potato smasher. Or do what I did and use a fork because you thought you had a masher, but them couldn’t find it. Immediately put in the softened butter, green onions, bacon, and sour cream and stir with a rubber spatula. Then salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the french fried onions, or if you’re like me and forget to buy them, leave ’em out.
Recipe courtesy of ThePioneerWoman.com.