A few of our favorites from the Halloween Weekends season thus far!
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 package shredded cheese
- 1 container salsa
- 1 package tortillas
- Additional toppings … Tomatoes, refried beans, cilantro, onions, black olives, etc.
Lay the tortillas out, then spread salsa on the tortilla. After, put the cheese on the salsa and add the shredded lettuce. After, put the pizza on the grill for about 5 minutes.
The more salsa you lay on, the spicier the pizza. The longer you leave the pizza on the grill, the crunchier it will get. You could also substitute salsa for refried beans.
– Recipe courtesy of QuietJourney.com.
Faster than a speeding bullet …
More powerful than a locomotive …
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound …
Look, up in the sky! It’s a bird … it’s a plane!
It’s SUPER RUDY!
Yes, it’s Super Rudy. Strange visitor from another place who came to Lake Rudolph with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal reindeer. Super Rudy, who can change the course of Santa’s Sleigh and bend steel in his bare hands.
Okay, so maybe he can’t bend steel in his bare hands … but he can change the course of Santa’s Sleigh!
Make sure to purchase your 2013 souvenir Halloween Weekends T-Shirt in the Camp Store! They may be purchased in Adult, Youth and Toddler sizes. Both long and short sleeve T-shirts are available. Short sleeve shirts are $11.95, long sleeve are $13.95.
Family Fall-O-Weekend Packages. Say that three times fast. I triple dog dare you.
Fall packages that feature all the fun of our Halloween Weekends PLUS add-on activities such as horseback riding, Happy Halloween Weekends at Holiday World, and more. Choose your favorite package and enjoy the Fall season in Santa Claus, Indiana!
- Stay with us in a Standard Rental RV, King Size Rental RV, Super King Size Rental RV, Family Cabin, Legendary Cabin or Rudolph’s Christmas Cabin!
- Choose from activities like tickets for Holiday World Happy Halloween Weekends, passes to Santa’s Stables, and Christmas Cash to spend at attractions such as Christmas Lake Golf Course, Holly Tree Christmas Shop, Jingle Bell Rock Family Sports Pub, Lincoln Amphitheatre, Lincoln State Park Camp Store, Monkey Hollow Winery, Pepper’s Ridge Winery, Saint Meinrad Archabbey Gift Shop, Santa’s Candy Castle, Santa Claus Museum & Village, Santa’s Stables, or St. Nick’s Restaurant.
Package prices vary depending on what lodging option and activities you choose.
Visit our Family Fall-O-Weekend page to view all the options and pricing.
It’s the last weekend for Santa’s Splash Down WaterPark and Blitzen Bay Pool before they close for the season! If you haven’t had the chance to enjoy our new waterpark, now is the time.
Holiday World is closed for private outings this weekend, they will re-open on September 14 & 15 … but, you may still enjoy our waterpark! The weather this weekend looks good. Sunny on Friday and Saturday, with highs of 87 and 90. Could be a small chance of rain on Sunday with a high of 88.
So come on in … the water is fine!
Grilled Waffle Treats
- 8 frozen waffles
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place one waffle on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Sprinkle with 1/4 cup each marshmallows and chocolate chips; top with another waffle. Fold foil around sandwich and seal tightly. Repeat three times.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until chocolate is melted, turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
– Recipe courtesy of TasteofHome.com
Holiday World’s“Rock the World” Christian Music Fest takes place Saturday, August 24. This year’s headliner is Grammy Award and multi-GMA Dove Award Winner Switchfoot! Joining Switchfoot on the Main Stage are Kutless, Audio Adrenaline, and Indiana’s own, Adam Cappa!
Spend the day riding coasters and water slides and as the sun begins to set, the Main Stage concert begins … get ready to “Rock the World”! Don’t miss the eight regional Contemporary Christian Bands performing throughout the park during the day.
Lake Rudolph & Holiday World “Rock the World” Package Includes a FREE Performance by Adam Cappa
- Receive a $20 Discount per night if staying in our Rental RVs or Cabins. Discount will be applied upon check in.
- Guests may stay one night or more (August 23 or 24)
- Enjoy a FREE acoustic performance by Adam Cappa and his band at 9:00am CT on Sunday, August 25, at Lake Rudolph’s Outdoor Pavilion, immediately following our non denominational church service. Adam is an American contemporary Christian-Rock singer born and raised in Richmond, Indiana. His album, The Rescue, is his first full length studio album. This performance is exclusive for Lake Rudolph guests only.
- Please mention “Rock the World Package” when making your reservation. Please call 1-877-478-3657 to reserve.
Photos from Santa’s Splash Down!
We’ve partnered with Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari on their “Laugh Like A Hyena” contest! You know that one of their new attractions is called Hyena Falls right? It’s a fun and crazy in-the-dark water slide complex.
I can’t wait. It makes me want to howl. Makes me want to giggle. Hoot and laugh hysterically. Does it make you want to do the same? Show it … enter the contest!
You could win two days of family fun at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari for a family of four, plus … two cozy nights in a Rudolph’s Christmas Cabin here at Lake Rudolph. (We’re even throwing in a S’mores Kit for a gooey late-night treat!)
Here’s how you enter:
1. Make a video (30 seconds or less) or draw a picture or take a photo or write a poem showing us how you plan to Laugh Like A Hyena on Hyena Falls.
2. Email your entry to us at email@example.com no later than 8pm CT on Monday, May 6, 2013. (If you choose to make a video, post it on YouTube and email us the link.) Attachments must be jpegs and no larger than 1MB.
3. Later that week, we will post our three favorite entries on the HoliBlog, and everyone is invited to vote for their favorite. The voting will last until 2:00 pm CDT on Monday, May 13, 2013.
4. The Grand Prize Winner (the entry with the most votes) will receive four two-day tickets to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari plus two nights (subject to availability during the 2013 season) in a Rudolph’s Christmas Cabin at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort. The second-place winner will receive four one-day tickets to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and the third place winner receives two park tickets.
5. Must be 21 or older to enter. No more than one entry per email address, please.
6. Videos 31 seconds and longer will be disqualified. Attachments exceeding 1MB and/or not jpegs will not be considered.
7. Just like the Holiday World & Lake Rudolph … keep it clean and friendly! And please have fun with this!
8. By entering, you are giving Holiday World and Lake Rudolph permission to post your entry on our blogs and other social media along with your first name and last initial, plus city and state.
9. Employees of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and their immediate family members are not eligible. Neither are employees of Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort and their immediate family members.
10. Winners of Holiday World contests over the past six months are not eligible.
11. Judges’ decisions are final.
12. Good luck!
Here’s a new take on s’mores for you. I love Andes mints so I HAVE to try this one.
- Graham Crackers
- Large Marshmallows
- Andes Mints
Make these just like you make a regular s’more.
Place the Andes mint on one half of a graham cracker. Toast your marshmallow. Put that good ole toasted marshmallow on the Andes mint, place another half of a graham cracker on top to complete it. Devour.
– Recipe courtesy of David Krull on KOA.com