Grilled Pasta Packets
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked slightly less than al dente per package instructions (subtract 1 minute from cooking time)
- 6 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- 4 oz fresh goat cheese
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Cut one dozen 8×12″ pieces of aluminum foil. Layer foil so that you are using 2 per packet. In a bowl, toss together pasta, chopped tomato, basil, salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil. Spoon one serving of pasta mixture (1 1/4 cups) into the center of each packet. Squeeze lemon wedge over pasta before adding to packet. Spoon a few teaspoons of goat cheese into packet.
Bring long edges of foil together, then roll to secure. Roll edges of packet to form a closed space (do not squeeze out all air).
Reduce grill heat to low, then place packets on grill. Cook for 10-12 minutes, shaking packets halfway through cooking.
Remove from grill and serve immediately.
– Recipe courtesy of Eat8020.com