Cowboy Hot Dogs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into half moons
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- About 6 tbsp. mayonnaise
- About 2 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- About 4 tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add onion, and cook until golden and tender, stirring frequently.
Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Grill hot dogs until slightly charred all over, about 6 minutes, turning occasionally. Add buns and grill, turning frequently, until warmed and lightly charred, about 3 minutes.
Spread buns with mayonnaise and drizzle with mustard and barbecue sauce. Set hot dogs in buns.
Sprinkle cheese on top, followed by caramelized onions and bacon.
– Recipe courtesy of MyRecipes.com