Rudy’s Recipe this week has a few pizza elements! 🙂
Camper’s Pizza Skillet Delight
– 1 pound(s) ground beef
– 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms
– 1 can (8 oz.) pizza sauce
– 3 c Uncle Ben’s Quick Brand Rice
– 1 large green pepper, chopped
– 1 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp oregano
– 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
– 6 thin slices Mozzarella cheese
Brown meat in a 10-inch skillet; drain. Drain mushrooms, reserving juice.
Add water to juice to make 2 cups liquid. Add liquid, pizza sauce, rice, mushrooms, green pepper, salt and oregano to beef; stir. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan and arrange Mozzarella on top of beef-rice mixture.
Cover skillet and heat for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese softens.