- Royal Icing (recipe below) or Decorator’s Frosting
- HERSHEY’S Kisses Milk Chocolates or HERSHEY’S Kisses Pumpkin Spice Flavored Candies
- Mini vanilla wafer cookies
- REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips or HERSHEY’S Butterscotch Chips
Prepare icing and place in pastry bag with small tip. Remove wrappers from candies.
Place mini vanilla wafer cookies on tray or plate with flat side of cookie towards the top. Squeeze small amount of icing onto bottom of candy piece. Immediately press candy bottom onto vanilla wafer cookie. Allow time to set.
Place small dab of icing on bottom of peanut butter chip or butterscotch chip and immediately attach to top of cookie to finish your acorn.
Stir together 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons warm water and 3/4 teaspoon pasteurized dried egg whites (meringue powder). Beat until spreadable. Add additional water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to get desired consistency. Tint with food color, if desired. Cover icing with damp paper towel to keep icing from drying out. About 1/4 cup icing.
– Recipe courtesy of Hersheys.com.