Make Ahead Camping Pancakes
Dry Make Ahead Ingredients…Pack into a ziploc bag. Before filling, label your bag by using a sharpie marker and writing the needed wet ingredients.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of dry milk powder
- 4 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a ziploc bag and label with a sharpie.
Wet Ingredients for the day you’ll make them:
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup of water
- 1 large egg
- (optional) 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Butter for cooking
Hint: For really fluffy pancakes it is all about the air. Mix your wet ingredients separately. This will put air in the eggs and make your pancakes fluffy. Be careful to not overmix your batter. Less mixing equals more air, which makes a fluffy pancake! Just mix until wet.
- When ready, melt a dab of butter on your iron skillet or griddle
- Whisk the wet ingredients and add to the dry
- If you want, transfer to a container for pouring or just snip a corner out of the zip tight bag for pouring
- Pour a small amount on your warm skillet to form a pancake and cook until air bubbles form and the bottom is golden brown
- Flip and cook through
- Serve with butter and maple syrup