- Prepared brownie mix
Cut the top off an orange. Save it; you’ll need it in a bit.
Scoop out the inside of the orange with a spoon. Either discard or enjoy as a snack.
Pour the prepared brownie mix into the orange. Fill almost to the top, but not quite.
Replace the top of the orange. Told you you’d need it in a bit. Wrap the entire orange in heavy duty aluminum foil.
Let the orange brownie cook in the coals for about twenty minutes. Cool and enjoy!
– Recipe courtesy of www.EarthEasy.com.
Just a few flag photos snapped over Memorial Day.
Oh boy, do we have a Memorial Day Weekend deal for you!
If you book a Memorial Day Weekend stay with us right now, you have the chance to win four Holiday World tickets!
Here’s how you can win:
- Book a Rental RV or Rental Cabin now anytime through 12 noon CDT on Friday, May 24, 2013, for Memorial Day weekend.
- Your name will be automatically entered into a drawing to win four Holiday World tickets.
- Make your reservation through our online reservation system or by calling us at 1-877-478-3657.
- You are only eligible if you make a NEW reservation in a Rental RV or Cabin now through noon on Friday, May 24.
Click here to make an online reservation. Good luck!
No purchase necessary to participate in the drawing. To enter, please send us your name, address, and phone to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 Noon CDT on Friday, May 24, 2013. Minimum age to participate is 21.
I made this a week ago for dinner and thought it would be a recipe I’d make while we were camping. Either ahead of time and re-heat, or in our oven if we were in a rental. My two year old even liked it! Probably only because she helped crush the Doritos.
Doritos Taco Salad
- One bag Doritos, either flavor (I used nacho cheese)
- 2 c. shredded chicken, cook yours and shred or cheat like I did and use canned
- 2 c. shredded cheese (I used queso and monterrey)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 pack taco seasoning (I used the whole thing because what am I going to do with the other half?)
- Lettuce and diced tomatoes for garnish. Or black olives, or green onions. Whatever you want.
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix shredded chicken, shredded cheese, cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, Rotel tomatoes, and taco seasoning.
Grease 13 x 9 casserole dish. Crush 1/2 bag Doritos and place in bottom. Top with chicken mixture. Crush a few Doritos on top.
Bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with whatever your little heart desires!
Santa has splashed down right here at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort with the addition of our Santa’s Splash Down WaterPark!
We’re very busy with the construction of the new waterpark. It will feature a total of five slides; two fiberglass slides and one inflatable water slide called the Trippo®. The Trippo® is three stories tall and is the world’s largest inflatable water slide!
Lots of you have asked and currently we’re on schedule for an open date in mid June.
Here are a few things you should know:
- A paid wristband is required to ride the slides. The fee is being determined.
- We will offer a one day fee and are considering a two-day rate.
- Guests need to be a minimum of 42″ to ride all water slides.
- The waterpark is located up from Blitzen Bay Pool on Blitzen Boulevard.
We’re very excited about this addition and hope you are too. See you on the slides this summer!
- 1 apple
- 1 oz. raisins
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cherry
- 1 pineapple ring
Ingredients above are enough for one serving (1 apple).
Core the apples and fill the bottom of oven with apples standing stem side up. Pack brown sugar and raisins into the core holes.
Place a pineapple ring on top of each apple. Place a cherry in center of each ring. Pour pineapple juice from the can of pineapple over the apple.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes in an oven. OR … wrap in foil and bake over your campfire or on your grill until apple is tender. Be careful … it will be hot!
– Recipe courtesy of BoyScoutTrail.com