Waiting, hiding … lurking in the shadows. He is the living dead, em … deer.
Are you prepared? Do you have what it takes to survive the zombie apocalypse during Halloween Weekends at Lake Rudolph?
Here are a few helpful tips in case of a zombie attack.
Step 1: Remain calm.
Step 2: If you’re not wearing your Zombie Rudolph T-Shirt you’re probably a lost cause at this point.
Step 3: If you are wearing your Zombie Rudolph T-Shirt you can fool the zombie my dragging one leg, ripping your clothes, adopting a blank stare, and mumbling “Om nom nom.”
Step 4: Do not engage the zombie!
Step 5: If you engage the zombie, (we said to not engage … were you not listening?!) offer candy as a trade. Avoid candy corn as that will only anger the zombie. We’re talking good candy. Example: chocolate.
Step 6: If the zombie accepts you as one of it’s own and moves along, evacuate the area and relocate immediately.
Post your Halloween Weekends shirt idea as a comment on this blog post no later than 11:59 pm CT next Thursday, July 7. If we choose your idea we’ll give you a $100 Lake Rudolph gift card to use on camping reservations, at the Camp Store, and Blitzen Kitchen!
Ready to submit your idea? Great! How do you enter? Rules are below:
- The winner will receive a $100 Lake Rudolph gift card. Use it to reserve your site or vacation rental, in the Camp Store, or at Blitzen Kitchen.
- All entries must be posted as a “comment” on this RedNosed blog post no later than 11pm CT on Tuesday, July 26, 2016. You do not need to include your address or phone number, as we will notify the winner by email. And don’t worry … your email will not be published with your comment.
- All blog comments are moderated (Rudolph is watching remember?) so as long as they are not spam or naughty in any way, we’ll approve and post them. Please keep in mind that your comment may not show up immediately.
- You don’t have to actually design a shirt, simply let us know what you think Rudolph should be for Halloween this year!
- More than one entry per person is allowed, but each entry must be posted as a separate comment to be considered an official entry. Please post each entry one at a time and not in a list form.
- To enter, you must be 18 years old or older.
- We reserve the right to not use any of the submitted T-shirt design ideas. But in the instance that happens we’ll still choose the winner that submitted our favorite.
- Employees of Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, Sun Communities, and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- If we receive multiple entries of the same t-shirt idea (and decide to choose that design), the entry received first (time-stamped on the pre-moderated posts) will win.
If you are not able to access the comments section of this blog post, you may also email your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Corn Chip Day? Is there anything better than delicious corn chips? Plain, BBQ, chili cheese … oh yum.
The best use of corn chips ever made be in walking tacos.
- Small bag of Fritos corn chips (or your favorites)
- Taco meat or chili
- Sour cream
Cut open the bag of corn chips along the long side. Spoon in the meat or chili, cheese, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream.
Mix up the ingredients and try pulled pork with honey BBQ corn chips. Or use the chili cheese chips version instead of plain. Or try chicken fajita meat with peppers and onions. Oh the variations are endless!
And if you’ll excuse me, I’m on my way to the store to pick up the ingredients to make these!
We had a wonderful turnout for our third annual Run Run Rudolph 5K this past Saturday! It was a beautiful day for a run, or walk, through the Santa Claus Land of Lights.
Very festive Christmas attire also!
Rudolph is teaching us a valuable lesson here … always stretch before exercising!
I think they’re ready!
And they’re off!
A huge thank you to everyone that joined us for the event. Congratulations to all our winners!
Experience the story of Rudolph told in brilliant LED lights during our 3rd annual Run Run Rudolph 5K! Participants will set out on a 5K course through the Santa Claus Land of Lights, located inside Lake Rudolph.
Along the merry way you will be met with elves, reindeer, magical holiday surprises…and thousands of spectacular lights! This family-friendly fun loving Christmas spectacular event is guaranteed to warm the heart of even Scrooge himself!
This year’s race will be timed with the start/finish line at Lake Rudolph’s main entrance next to the office.
Course Change in 2015: The course will take you through the light show THREE times before you head back to the start/finish line. Awards ceremony will be at 4:45 pm CT in Lake Rudolph’s front parking lot.
This year is that the first 200 participants to register will get an awesome Run Run Rudolph commemorative Holiday ornament from NIMCO, Inc. Event proceeds will benefit WBKR’s Christmas Wish. Sounds like just the thing to get all of us in the Holiday spirit!
Run Run Rudolph 5k Run & Walk
This Saturday, December 5 at 4:00pm CT
Registration fee is ONLY $15 and children under three are FREE
Sponsored by 92.5 FM WBKR & Lake Rudolph
You still have time to register online. Or you may register at the Lake Rudolph office on race day.
Looking for a fun, Christmas weekend? We have a great idea for you! Rudolph’s Family Christmas Package here at Lake Rudolph!
Celebrate Christmas with us and create family memories to last a lifetime. Sip hot cocoa in front of the fireplace in your Christmas cabin, participate in Christmas family activities, and even have breakfast with Santa!
- A two-night stay in a Rudolph’s Christmas Cabin
- 2 vehicle passes to the Santa Claus Land of Lights
- Continental breakfast with Santa at Lake Rudolph
- Breakfast includes muffins, donuts, coffee, juice and milk
- Visit with Santa
- $20 worth of Rudy bucks for family Christmas craft activities
A fun Christmas experience your family won’t soon forget!
- December 4 & 5, 2015
- December 11 & 12, 2015
- December 18 & 19, 2015
While you’re in town, don’t miss shopping at the Santa Claus Christmas Store, visiting the Santa Claus Museum and Santa’s Candy Castle, and more Christmas events during our Santa Claus Christmas Celebration!
So what do we have planned for Christmas you ask? How about our one-of-a-kind light show that tells the story of Rudolph and how he became the reindeer to lead Santa’s sleigh?
Santa Claus Land of Lights
Follow the Shining Story of Rudolph on story boards and brilliant LED light displays!
Located inside Lake Rudolph, this custom drive-through outdoor light show tells the Shining Story of Rudolph in bright, energy-efficient LEDs. The Santa Claus Land of Lights is the only light show in North America that tells a story in lights and storyboards. At 1.2 miles long, it is also one of the largest holiday light shows in North America … and don’t forget, every vehicle receives a FREE photo with Rudolph!
Discount coupons ($4 off per vehicle) will be offered at McDonald’s locations in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois, and a portion of proceeds will be donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Ohio Valley (RMHC). A complete list of coupon locations may be found here.
2015 Operating Schedule
5-9 pm CT
Thanksgiving – December 13
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
December 18 – New Year’s Eve
Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
For more information on the light show, visit the Santa Claus Land of Lights website.