Searching for a fun and unique way to celebrate the Christmas season? Celebrate with us at Lake Rudolph!
Create family memories to last a lifetime. Sip hot cocoa in front of the fireplace in your Christmas cabin, participate in Christmas family activities, and even have breakfast with Santa!
Rudolph’s Family Christmas Package includes:
- A Two-Night Stay in a Rudolph’s Christmas Cabin
- 2 Vehicle Passes to the Santa Claus Land of Lights
- Breakfast with Santa
- Breakfast includes biscuits & gravy, muffins, donuts, coffee, hot chocolate, juice, water and milk
- Visit with Santa
- $20 worth of Rudy Bucks for Christmas Activities
A $420 value for only $335*
To Reserve, Call 1-888-929-7010.
- December 6 & 7, 2019
- December 13 & 14, 2019
- December 20 & 21, 2019
We have many folks ask questions about the Santa Claus Land of Lights. What should you know before visiting?
Read below for our answers to many of our common questions!
- What do we do? Do we drive, walk? Can we rent a golf car?
- You will remain in your vehicle and drive through the 1.2 mile show. You will not get out or walk and you may not rent a golf car. We do not offer horse-drawn carriages. You may roll down your windows and read along with the story board signs. We ask that you do not stop and interrupt the flow of traffic during the show.
- Do we have to purchase tickets in advance?
- It is not necessary to purchase tickets in advance; it is mostly a personal preference. You may purchase tickets when you arrive. Please be aware that we only accept cash or credit.
- Will you have the light show in the rain?
- We sure will! The light show takes place even if it is raining. The only exception would be severe cold or wintery weather. In that case, stay tuned to our website and Facebook as we will post updates there.
- How much does it cost?
- Tickets are $15 per vehicle. Make sure to stop by participating McDonald’s for a $4 off coupon! Up to 14 people the price is $15. A small shuttle bus holding 15 – 20 people is $50. A motorcoach holding 21 or more people is $75.
- If we purchase tickets in advance on EventBrite can we still use a coupon code?
- Yes! Under where you choose your quantity of tickets there is a green link for ‘promotional code’. Click that and enter your code for savings.
- Which McDonald’s have the $4 off coupons?
- There are locations in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois. You may find a list of those locations at this link.
- When are you open?
- 2019 Operating Schedule:
– Open on Thanksgiving night and then Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday November 29 –
– Open nightly December 13 – December 29.
– Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Is there music?
- You may use your radio to tune into 94.1 and listen to Christmas music during the show.
- Where do we go to get our Free Photo with Rudolph?
- When you enter the light show you will be handed a coupon for a free photo with Rudolph. You will need to redeem that coupon inside the Santa Claus Christmas Store, located in the Kringle Place Shopping Center just outside Lake Rudolph’s main entrance. Go into the Santa’s Ornament Shop door and straight to the back of the store for photos with Rudolph. Keep in mind that Rudolph must get plenty of sleep to for practice runs with Santa’s sleigh so we stop taking photos at 9:30 pm CT!
Open Thanksgiving night! Then open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays November 29 through December 8.
Open nightly December 13 – December 29. Closed December 24 & 25.
** The light show will take place even if it is raining!
Do you have an idea for our Halloween T-Shirt? We want to hear it! Maybe you have a great idea of what character Rudolph should be for Halloween … or maybe you think he should dress up and portray an occupation. We’ll reward you if we think it’s a great idea!
Email your Halloween Weekends shirt idea to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 pm CT next Friday, June 21. If we choose your idea we’ll give you a $100 Lake Rudolph gift card to use on reservations, at the Camp Store, and Blitzen Kitchen!
Ready to submit your idea? Great! How do you enter? Rules are below:
- The winner will receive a $100 Lake Rudolph gift card. Use it to reserve your site or vacation rental, in the Camp Store, or at Blitzen Kitchen.
- All entries must be emailed no later than 11:59 pm CT on Friday, June 28, 2019. You do not need to include your address or phone number, as we will notify the winner by email. And don’t worry … your email will not be published.
- You don’t have to actually design a shirt, simply let us know what you think Rudolph should be for Halloween this year! Example: Rudolph should be a bat, a chef, a spider.
- More than one entry per person is allowed, but each entry must be sent separately to be considered an official entry.
- To enter, you must be 21 years old or older.
- We reserve the right to not use any of the submitted T-shirt design ideas … But in the instance that happens we’ll still choose the winner that submitted our favorite.
- Employees of Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, Sun Communities, and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- If we receive multiple entries of the same t-shirt idea (and decide to choose that design), the entry received first will win.
Yes, you read that correctly. Today is National Pancake Day! The recipe below is perfect for camping … but you can also make them and celebrate today! 🙂 We won’t judge.
Make Ahead Camping Pancakes
Dry Make Ahead Ingredients…Pack into a ziploc bag. Before filling, label your bag by using a sharpie marker and writing the needed wet ingredients.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of dry milk powder
- 4 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a ziploc bag and label with a sharpie.
Wet Ingredients for the day you’ll make them:
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup of water
- 1 large egg
- (optional) 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Butter for cooking
Hint: For really fluffy pancakes it is all about the air. Mix your wet ingredients separately. This will put air in the eggs and make your pancakes fluffy. Be careful to not overmix your batter. Less mixing equals more air, which makes a fluffy pancake! Just mix until wet.
- When ready, melt a dab of butter on your iron skillet or griddle
- Whisk the wet ingredients and add to the dry
- If you want, transfer to a container for pouring or just snip a corner out of the zip tight bag for pouring
- Pour a small amount on your warm skillet to form a pancake and cook until air bubbles form and the bottom is golden brown
- Flip and cook through
- Serve with butter and maple syrup
Happy Birthday to Abraham Lincoln! Lincoln’s Boyhood Home is only four miles down the road from us. Check out Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, Lincoln State Park and the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Plaza, and Lincoln Amphitheatre.
Just a short drive away in Rockport … you’ll also find Rockport Lincoln Pioneer Village!