Do you have an idea for our Halloween T-Shirt? We want to hear it! Maybe you have a great idea of what character Rudolph should be for Halloween … or maybe you think he should dress up and portray an occupation. We’ll reward you if we think it’s a great idea!
Email your Halloween Weekends shirt idea to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 pm CT next Friday, June 21. If we choose your idea we’ll give you a $100 Lake Rudolph gift card to use on reservations, at the Camp Store, and Blitzen Kitchen!
Ready to submit your idea? Great! How do you enter? Rules are below:
- The winner will receive a $100 Lake Rudolph gift card. Use it to reserve your site or vacation rental, in the Camp Store, or at Blitzen Kitchen.
- All entries must be emailed no later than 11:59 pm CT on Friday, June 28, 2019. You do not need to include your address or phone number, as we will notify the winner by email. And don’t worry … your email will not be published.
- You don’t have to actually design a shirt, simply let us know what you think Rudolph should be for Halloween this year! Example: Rudolph should be a bat, a chef, a spider.
- More than one entry per person is allowed, but each entry must be sent separately to be considered an official entry.
- To enter, you must be 21 years old or older.
- We reserve the right to not use any of the submitted T-shirt design ideas … But in the instance that happens we’ll still choose the winner that submitted our favorite.
- Employees of Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, Sun Communities, and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- If we receive multiple entries of the same t-shirt idea (and decide to choose that design), the entry received first will win.
Yes, you read that correctly. Today is National Pancake Day! The recipe below is perfect for camping … but you can also make them and celebrate today! 🙂 We won’t judge.
Make Ahead Camping Pancakes
Dry Make Ahead Ingredients…Pack into a ziploc bag. Before filling, label your bag by using a sharpie marker and writing the needed wet ingredients.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of dry milk powder
- 4 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a ziploc bag and label with a sharpie.
Wet Ingredients for the day you’ll make them:
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup of water
- 1 large egg
- (optional) 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Butter for cooking
Hint: For really fluffy pancakes it is all about the air. Mix your wet ingredients separately. This will put air in the eggs and make your pancakes fluffy. Be careful to not overmix your batter. Less mixing equals more air, which makes a fluffy pancake! Just mix until wet.
- When ready, melt a dab of butter on your iron skillet or griddle
- Whisk the wet ingredients and add to the dry
- If you want, transfer to a container for pouring or just snip a corner out of the zip tight bag for pouring
- Pour a small amount on your warm skillet to form a pancake and cook until air bubbles form and the bottom is golden brown
- Flip and cook through
- Serve with butter and maple syrup
Happy Birthday to Abraham Lincoln! Lincoln’s Boyhood Home is only four miles down the road from us. Check out Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, Lincoln State Park and the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Plaza, and Lincoln Amphitheatre.
Just a short drive away in Rockport … you’ll also find Rockport Lincoln Pioneer Village!
The Santa Claus Land of Lights open nightly beginning tonight, December 14!
5 – 9 pm CT
Open nightly December 14 – December 30. Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
The light show takes place even in the rain!
You’ve been waiting so patiently for us to announce the design of our 2018 Halloween Weekends shirt!
This year’s Halloween Weekend shirts feature The Red Nosed Spider on a bright orange background, and his web and parts of his eyes GLOW IN THE DARK!
Both long and short sleeve T-shirts are available. They may be purchased in our Camp Store and the Activity Center. Short sleeve shirts are $11.95, long sleeve are $13.95.