Our activities schedule is up through August 27!
If you’re visiting this season (and want to plan ahead) our activity schedules for Memorial Day weekend and Summer are online!
We’ve also added a few new activities such as whiffle ball, squirt gun painting (now that sounds fun!), playdough art, and DIY bracelets.
View the Activity Schedule.
We had a wonderful turnout for our third annual Run Run Rudolph 5K this past Saturday! It was a beautiful day for a run, or walk, through the Santa Claus Land of Lights.
Very festive Christmas attire also!
Rudolph is teaching us a valuable lesson here … always stretch before exercising!
I think they’re ready!
And they’re off!
A huge thank you to everyone that joined us for the event. Congratulations to all our winners!
Experience the story of Rudolph told in brilliant LED lights during our 3rd annual Run Run Rudolph 5K! Participants will set out on a 5K course through the Santa Claus Land of Lights, located inside Lake Rudolph.
Along the merry way you will be met with elves, reindeer, magical holiday surprises…and thousands of spectacular lights! This family-friendly fun loving Christmas spectacular event is guaranteed to warm the heart of even Scrooge himself!
This year’s race will be timed with the start/finish line at Lake Rudolph’s main entrance next to the office.
Course Change in 2015: The course will take you through the light show THREE times before you head back to the start/finish line. Awards ceremony will be at 4:45 pm CT in Lake Rudolph’s front parking lot.
This year is that the first 200 participants to register will get an awesome Run Run Rudolph commemorative Holiday ornament from NIMCO, Inc. Event proceeds will benefit WBKR’s Christmas Wish. Sounds like just the thing to get all of us in the Holiday spirit!
Run Run Rudolph 5k Run & Walk
This Saturday, December 5 at 4:00pm CT
Registration fee is ONLY $15 and children under three are FREE
Sponsored by 92.5 FM WBKR & Lake Rudolph
You still have time to register online. Or you may register at the Lake Rudolph office on race day.
So what do we have planned for Christmas you ask? How about our one-of-a-kind light show that tells the story of Rudolph and how he became the reindeer to lead Santa’s sleigh?
Santa Claus Land of Lights
Follow the Shining Story of Rudolph on story boards and brilliant LED light displays!
Located inside Lake Rudolph, this custom drive-through outdoor light show tells the Shining Story of Rudolph in bright, energy-efficient LEDs. The Santa Claus Land of Lights is the only light show in North America that tells a story in lights and storyboards. At 1.2 miles long, it is also one of the largest holiday light shows in North America … and don’t forget, every vehicle receives a FREE photo with Rudolph!
Discount coupons ($4 off per vehicle) will be offered at McDonald’s locations in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois, and a portion of proceeds will be donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Ohio Valley (RMHC). A complete list of coupon locations may be found here.
2015 Operating Schedule
5-9 pm CT
Thanksgiving – December 13
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
December 18 – New Year’s Eve
Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
For more information on the light show, visit the Santa Claus Land of Lights website.
Haven’t experienced the Santa Claus Land of Lights at Lake Rudolph? Come visit us this year! Here are a few fun facts and what you should expect …
- Kiddos love the light show. Especially those learning to read. The storyboards are huge and they have a blast reading them out loud. Oh, and kids at heart have fun too!
- The light show tells the story of Rudolph and how he was born here in Santa Claus, Indiana. Rudolph dreams of one day leading Santa’s sleigh. As you follow along, Rudolph will train and work hard with a special elf named Artie.
Can you guess what happens next? 🙂
- There are over 300 light display pieces throughout the light show! All the lights are LED, super colorful, and very bright.
- Tune into 93.1 on your radio to listen to Radio Rudolph. We’ll be playing all of your Christmas favorites!
- There are three different tunnels in the light show and they signify changes in time and scenery. Like when Rudolph leaves Santa Claus, Indiana, for the North Pole.
- The Santa Claus Land of Lights is the only light show in North America to tell a story in lights and storyboards! At 1.2 miles long it is also the largest holiday light show in a campground.
- Each admission receives a voucher for a free photo with Rudolph at the Santa Claus Christmas Store!
- $4 discount coupons may be picked up at at participating McDonald’s in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois. Click here for the list of locations.
- You can purchase pre-paid light show passes online … and still use a coupon code if you have one. Purchase pre-paid passes at this link.
- A portion of proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Ohio Valley.
A picture is worth a thousand words. But we’d really rather you come see it in person!
Now … what are you waiting for?
The show is open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday through December 14. Open nightly December 17 through New Year’s Eve. 5 – 9pm CT. Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Because Santa’s got to make it to town!
Join us for the second annual Run Run Rudolph through the Santa Claus Land of Lights. Bring your family and friends and experience the story of Rudolph told in brilliant LED lights! Participants will set out on a 5K course through the Santa Claus Land of Lights, located inside Lake Rudolph. Runners, walkers, and strollers are welcome!
Along the merry way you will be met with elves, reindeer, magical holiday surprises…and thousands of spectacular lights! This family friendly fun loving Christmas spectacular event is guaranteed to warn the heart of even Scrooge himself!
The first 500 participants will receive an early Christmas present (reindeer antlers and a shiny nose!), provided you’re not on the naughty list, plus a race t-shirt!
Run Run Rudolph
Saturday, December 6
Registration fee $25
Benefiting 911 Gives Hope for the Holidays and the Christmas Wishfoundation.
Costume contest favorites from weeks 5, 6, and 7!