Rudy’s Recipe: Campfire Blueberry Cobbler
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter
- 2 dry pints fresh blueberries, picked over and washed
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup unbleached pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Prepare grill or campfire for medium heat.
- Place cast iron skillet on the heat and add 1 stick of butter.
- When melted add blueberries and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cook until mixture bubbles and becomes a light syrup, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and remaining butter until it resembles crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk. Mix until the dough just comes together. Don’t overmix!
- Drop by spoonfuls on top of blueberry mixture. About four 1/4 cup lumps.
- Cover skillet with foil and cook until filing is bubbly, cobbler is firm, and a toothpick comes out clean. About 30 – 40 minutes.
- Serve warm … with ice cream of course!
– Recipe courtesy of ChowHound.com
Leave a Reply