One of the things that Santa brought us for 2015 is 20 NEW Holiday Cottages!
Each cottage sleeps 5-7 people and includes two bedrooms, flat screen TVs with cable, kitchen, full bath and much more! Three of the cottages will be handicap accessible units. All of them will be located near our Family Cabins.
What is included …
- Cottage site includes attached screened-in porch, picnic table, fire ring, and a charcoal grill
- Number of Bedrooms: 2
- Master bedroom has a Queen bed and TV
- Second bedroom has two beds … one full size and a single bunk
- Family Room includes a sectional sleeper sofa, TV
- Pillows, pillowcases and fitted sheets are provided
- The bathroom includes a shower, sink, and toilet
- Each unit includes air conditioning and heat
- Full size refrigerator/freezer
- Microwave Oven
- Coffee Maker
- Utensils, plates, cups, glasses, pots and pans
- Dishwashing liquid and broom
- Free WiFi
Bathroom with sink, toilet, and shower
Family room with sectional sleeper sofa
Full bed and a bunk bed
Holiday Cottage exterior
Kitchen with full size appliances
Queen bed in master bedroom
- 8 frozen waffles
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup or milk or semisweet chocolate chips
- heavy duty aluminum foil
Place a waffle on a greased sheet of heavy duty foil, about a 12 inch square. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup of the marshmallows and chocolate chips. Top with second waffle. Fold around the waffle sandwich and seal tight. Repeat three more times!
Grill over medium heat for about 8 – 10 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Turn once about halfway through. Open carefully and allow steam to escape. Try and wait for it to cool before you devour it.
- Recipe courtesy of TasteofHome.com
Want to know what Santa brought us for being good all year? Here’s a list of improvements and additions for 2015! Some were completed in 2014, but they will be new to many of you that visited us earlier in the season!
We think you’ll be quite excited about a few of these … we sure are!
- New Playground in our Prancer section
- 20 New Vacation Rentals (Holiday Cottages) that will sleep 5 to 7 people (details coming soon)
- New Miniature Golf Course
- New Splash Pad at Santa’s Splash Down WaterPark
- New Fountain in the lake
- New pavement, sealing and striping of interior roads and basketball courts
- 2 New Christmas Cabins
- A minimum of 12 RV Sites upgraded to Deluxe with concrete pads and patios
- 2 flat-screen TVs added with cable in each of our 15 Family Cabins
- New Decks, skirting and awnings on select Rental RVs
- MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
We’ll post photos of construction and additions along the way. See you this spring!
Since ’tis the season I thought I’d share my favorite (and super easy!) fudge recipe with you. I’ve made it um, three times so far this Christmas season. I’ve tried various recipes and this is the easiest and it’s come together perfectly each time. Hence the reason it’s my favorite.
Laura’s Favorite Fudge
- 1 – 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.
Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into pieces.
You have options!! See substitutions below.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge: (This is the fudge we make at home.)
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
For Butterscotch Fudge:
Substitute 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) Butterscotch Flavored Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
For Peanut Chocolate Fudge:
Substitute 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Recipe adapted from VeryBestBaking.com
Haven’t experienced the Santa Claus Land of Lights at Lake Rudolph? Come visit us this year! Here are a few fun facts and what you should expect …
- Kiddos love the light show. Especially those learning to read. The storyboards are huge and they have a blast reading them out loud. Oh, and kids at heart have fun too!
- The light show tells the story of Rudolph and how he was born here in Santa Claus, Indiana. Rudolph dreams of one day leading Santa’s sleigh. As you follow along, Rudolph will train and work hard with a special elf named Artie.
Can you guess what happens next?
- There are over 300 light display pieces throughout the light show! All the lights are LED, super colorful, and very bright.
- Tune into 93.1 on your radio to listen to Radio Rudolph. We’ll be playing all of your Christmas favorites!
- There are three different tunnels in the light show and they signify changes in time and scenery. Like when Rudolph leaves Santa Claus, Indiana, for the North Pole.
- The Santa Claus Land of Lights is the only light show in North America to tell a story in lights and storyboards! At 1.2 miles long it is also the largest holiday light show in a campground.
- Each admission receives a voucher for a free photo with Rudolph at the Santa Claus Christmas Store!
- $4 discount coupons may be picked up at at participating McDonald’s in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois. Click here for the list of locations.
- You can purchase pre-paid light show passes online … and still use a coupon code if you have one. Purchase pre-paid passes at this link.
- A portion of proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Ohio Valley.
A picture is worth a thousand words. But we’d really rather you come see it in person!
Now … what are you waiting for?
The show is open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday through December 14. Open nightly December 17 through New Year’s Eve. 5 – 9pm CT. Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Because Santa’s got to make it to town!
Join us for the second annual Run Run Rudolph through the Santa Claus Land of Lights. Bring your family and friends and experience the story of Rudolph told in brilliant LED lights! Participants will set out on a 5K course through the Santa Claus Land of Lights, located inside Lake Rudolph. Runners, walkers, and strollers are welcome!
Along the merry way you will be met with elves, reindeer, magical holiday surprises…and thousands of spectacular lights! This family friendly fun loving Christmas spectacular event is guaranteed to warn the heart of even Scrooge himself!
The first 500 participants will receive an early Christmas present (reindeer antlers and a shiny nose!), provided you’re not on the naughty list, plus a race t-shirt!
Run Run Rudolph
Saturday, December 6
Registration fee $25
Benefiting 911 Gives Hope for the Holidays and the Christmas Wishfoundation.
It is a bit sooner than normal, but we had our first snowfall of the season when we woke up this morning!
And wow, it was about four inches in some spots! Sled riding down Dasher Hill anyone? Don’t ask me how we’d stop though.
It sure is beautiful! The holly in front of our office was covered in snow.
Anyone want to volunteer to finish putting up the lights for the Santa Claus Land of Lights? It is only a teensy bit cold. Okay, I fibbed. It’s a lot cold!
But we’ll be ready for opening night on Thanksgiving!
Now that Halloween is over, it is time for our annual Santa Claus Land of Lights here at Lake Rudolph. Can you believe this our sixth year?!
Have you experienced the Santa Claus Land of Lights yet? It’s a magical light show that tells the Shining Story of Rudolph.
Did you know that Rudolph was born here in Santa Claus, Indiana? Well, he was. Right here at Lake Rudolph.
Our light show tells the story of how Rudolph worked and trained hard to one day lead Santa’s sleigh!
2014 Santa Claus Land of Lights
5 – 9pm CT
Thanksgiving through December 14
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
December 17 – New Year’s Eve
Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Costume contest favorites from weeks 5, 6, and 7!