Whether we want to admit it or not, Christmas is around the corner! We’ve been busy getting our Rudolph’s Christmas Package all set and working on the Santa Claus Land of Lights!
Celebrate Christmas with us at Lake Rudolph. What better place than Santa Claus, Indiana? Enjoy visiting with Santa, relaxing in your Rudolph’s Christmas Cabin in front of the fireplace, or driving through our one-of-a-kind themed light show.
Rudolph’s Christmas Package
- December 5 & 6
- December 12 & 13
- December 19 & 20
Our town of Santa Claus, Indiana, is also holding our Santa Claus Christmas Celebration. They’ll be plenty of time to visit with Santa, shop at the Santa Claus Christmas Store or the Arts & Crafts show, and enjoy our town Christmas parade. View the complete list of events.
Reserve Online or call us at 1-877-478-3657 to book your Christmas getaway!
Our top reasons that you should be camping during the fall season. Seven of them because that’s my lucky number.
- Weather. Um, hello? Cooler weather! I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather camp when it’s cool and I can enjoy sitting around the fire roasting marshmallows, and not be sweltering hot!
- Better Rates. Many campgrounds and RV resorts drop their rates during the fall and offer discounts. We have a Fall Season Rate.
- Scenery. Beautiful orange, red, and yellow leaves. Love those colors and that slight crisp in the air!
- Halloween Activities. Lots of campground and resorts offer fun, Halloween-themed activities. In our case, seven weekends of Halloween activities!
- Fewer Crowds. Less people are camping during the fall seasons so you’ll encounter fewer crowds. Unless of course you visit us when our Halloween Weekends are in full swing. If you’d like to visit during a more quiet time, we suggest coming during the week … Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Fewer Bugs. Normally there are less pesky bugs during the fall camping season.
- Fall Food. Wonderful fall comfort food. Think warm Apple Crisp, Candied Apples, and One Skillet Chili.
Just a few of our costume favorites from Weeks 1 and 2! Great creativity and lots of hard work!
Apple crisp … perfect for a cool fall night, or morning, over the campfire. Try this during your Halloween stay, and invite me to your site!
Grilled Apple Crisp
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 6 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter, plus more for foil
- 3 apples (whichever type you prefer; we like golden delicious)
- squeeze of lemon juice
Combine oats, flour, sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Keep the bowl in the fridge while you prepare the apples.
Wash apples and pat dry. Core and slice apples, then toss them with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Cut two squares of foil (about a foot each) and lightly butter the center of each piece.
Place the apples onto of one of the foil pieces and then sprinkle with the crumble mixture. Place the top piece of foil (butter side down) on the package and crimp the edges inwards one at a time until the package is well sealed. Wrap the entire package in another layer of foil to help prevent burning on the edges.
Place the foil pack on the grill (heated to a medium heat) for about 20 minutes. Let cool a minute or two before opening, it is very hot.
Serve with vanilla ice cream!
- Recipe courtesy of www.cookingwithjax.com
We’re happy to announce that Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort is included in Indiana Tourism’s “Best of Indiana” contest!
And we’re in two different categories … Best Fall Camping Adventure and Best Haunted Attraction.
Fall RV Site at Lake Rudolph
We know you think that our Halloween Weekends are the most fall fun you’ve ever had. So please vote for Lake Rudolph!
Vote for Lake Rudolph as Best Fall Camping Adventure
Vote for Lake Rudolph as Best Haunted Attraction
Happy Fall ya’ll!
September 19 & 20 and September 26 & 27, 2014
Double Your Halloween Weekend Fun at HALF THE COST!
That’s right, SAVE 50% off the posted site or rental rate!
You can double your Halloween fun by staying with us during one of our two September Halloween Weekends….at only half the cost for the two-night weekend.
Here is all the pertinent information you should know …
To be eligible to receive the half cost rate in September, you must have current two-night reservations at full price during at least one weekend in October.
If you cancel your October reservation, you will be charged the full price rate in September.
Call soon to reserve as space is limited…1-877-478-3657. For more information or to make online reservations, go to www.lakerudolphhalloween.com.
Be sure to use “Halloween Half-Off” on the “How did you find us?” dropdown menu.
Reservations are subject to availability. Promotion applies to new September reservations only. Golf car rentals are not eligible for the discounts. Not valid with other promotional offers or packages.
September 5 & 6, 2014
Camping with a Splash Weekend
Stay with us September 5 and 6 and you’ll save and Camp with a Splash! Holiday World is only open to those invited to private corporate outings. Our waterpark, Santa’s Splash Down, is open and we’re giving you free admission for a family of four!
Your stay will include:
- Free admission for a family of four at Lake Rudolph’s water park, Santa’s Splash Down … Saturday only.
- $20 off per night for Rental RVs and Cabins, and $5 off per night for sites.
- Rent a golf car and enjoy our golf car glow parade and win a prize for best decor.
- NOTE: Holiday World is open only to those invited to private corporate outings during this weekend.
- Discount will be applied upon check in.
August 29, 30 & 31, 2014
Labor Day Weekend … 3rd Night FREE in Rental RV
Buy two nights, get the third night free!
Standard Rental RVs and King Size Rental RVs only.
- Offer is valid August 29, 30 & 31, 2014.
- Make sure to reserve three nights.
- Discount will be applied upon check in.
When Santa Claus challenged the staff at Lake Rudolph to take the Ice Bucket Challenge, of course we accepted. Striking out ALS is close to our hearts as our wonderful friend David Kinney was recently diagnosed. Kelly, David’s wife, has worked for Lake Rudolph for many, many years. They are family.
David, Kelly, and their kiddos joined us during our Ice Bucket Challenge. We’re thrilled that we could come together with our Lake Rudolph family and complete the challenge in honor of David, Kelly, their family, and all those affected by ALS. We love you Kinney Family!
Together, let’s strike out ALS.
Part one of the Ice Bucket Challenge complete! Part 2 … donate toward ALS, which we are also doing.
And now we challenge …
- Nick DiBella
- All of Region 15 at Sun Communities
Are you ready for the ice bucket challenge?! Grab a bucket of ice water, dig deep, and commit to make a donation to strike out ALS. For more information regarding ALS and to donate, please visit www.ALSA.org.