Mad lib fun! Fill out the word list below.
- superhero ______________________
- adjective _______________________
- age of grandparent _______________
- verb __________________________
- woodworking tool ________________
- type of dance ____________________
- describe a frog ___________________
- zoo animal ______________________
- illness __________________________
- breakfast food ____________________
- body part _______________________
- describe a monster ________________
- kitchen cleaner ___________________
- activity _________________________
- part of body ______________________
- famous actor ______________________
- color ____________________________
- type of flower _____________________
- article of clothing __________________
- strong emotion ____________________
- adjective ________________________
Now … apply your words to the story below about a family trip to Lake Rudolph. Try to keep from laughing as you read your story!
Lake Rudolph Camping Trip
It was finally here … our annual family vacation to Lake Rudolph! Dad spent the entire morning acting like _____________ (1), running from room to room and packing our _______________ (2) camping gear. It only took him ______ (3) years to get it all rounded up. I could already tell this was going to be a ____________ (4) trip.
We got all of ten miles down the road before he remembered that he’d forgotten the _____________ (5). No clue what he needed that for! He muttered something about getting one at the Camp Store and onward we drove.
Two hundred miles and a ______________ (6) or two later, we finally arrived at Lake Rudolph. I couldn’t even describe how happy I was to be there. I felt like kissing a ____________ (7) ___________ (8)!
We drove down to our Rudolph’s Christmas Cabin and began unpacking. Mom suddenly came down with a case of ____________ (9). We decided it was a side effect of the ______________ (10) she had for breakfast that morning. Boy am I glad I didn’t eat any. Her _____________ (11) turned bright purple with orange spots. Weird! She looked like a _____________ (12) monster, so I hightailed it out of there and headed to the pool. Dad stayed behind to disinfect everything she touched with_____________ (13). Just in case it was remotely contagious.
While _______________ (14) at the pool my ___________ (15) started to burn so I put on sunscreen. That taken care of, I scanned the crowd and started to people watch. I thought I saw _______________________ (16), but it was just some dude that looked like him. #WhyDon’tIEverSeeFamousPeople
Back to people watching. Yikes! Mom flopped down beside me wearing ___________ (17) lipstick with ______________ (18) in her hair. I don’t think she was fully recovered because she began to eat her ____________ (19) and then started ____________ (20) hysterically. Must be the fever. I loaded her up in the golf car and we went back to our cabin. Dad sent her to bed to recover.
Mom was better by morning and back to her ______________ (21) self. We played mini golf, swam in the pool, and decorated for the golf car parade later that night. Our family vacation was back to normal. Thank goodness!
*Download and print the PDFs of our Word List and Mad Libs Story.
**If you’d like, email us your story and we may share it on our blog or Facebook. Send your story to email@example.com. Have fun!