Since ’tis the season I thought I’d share my favorite (and super easy!) fudge recipe with you. I’ve made it um, three times so far this Christmas season. I’ve tried various recipes and this is the easiest and it’s come together perfectly each time. Hence the reason it’s my favorite.
Laura’s Favorite Fudge
- 1 – 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.
Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into pieces.
You have options!! See substitutions below.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge: (This is the fudge we make at home.)
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
For Butterscotch Fudge:
Substitute 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) Butterscotch Flavored Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
For Peanut Chocolate Fudge:
Substitute 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Recipe adapted from VeryBestBaking.com
Haven’t experienced the Santa Claus Land of Lights at Lake Rudolph? Come visit us this year! Here are a few fun facts and what you should expect …
- Kiddos love the light show. Especially those learning to read. The storyboards are huge and they have a blast reading them out loud. Oh, and kids at heart have fun too!
- The light show tells the story of Rudolph and how he was born here in Santa Claus, Indiana. Rudolph dreams of one day leading Santa’s sleigh. As you follow along, Rudolph will train and work hard with a special elf named Artie.
Can you guess what happens next?
- There are over 300 light display pieces throughout the light show! All the lights are LED, super colorful, and very bright.
- Tune into 93.1 on your radio to listen to Radio Rudolph. We’ll be playing all of your Christmas favorites!
- There are three different tunnels in the light show and they signify changes in time and scenery. Like when Rudolph leaves Santa Claus, Indiana, for the North Pole.
- The Santa Claus Land of Lights is the only light show in North America to tell a story in lights and storyboards! At 1.2 miles long it is also the largest holiday light show in a campground.
- Each admission receives a voucher for a free photo with Rudolph at the Santa Claus Christmas Store!
- $4 discount coupons may be picked up at at participating McDonald’s in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois. Click here for the list of locations.
- You can purchase pre-paid light show passes online … and still use a coupon code if you have one. Purchase pre-paid passes at this link.
- A portion of proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Ohio Valley.
A picture is worth a thousand words. But we’d really rather you come see it in person!
Now … what are you waiting for?
The show is open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday through December 14. Open nightly December 17 through New Year’s Eve. 5 – 9pm CT. Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Because Santa’s got to make it to town!
Join us for the second annual Run Run Rudolph through the Santa Claus Land of Lights. Bring your family and friends and experience the story of Rudolph told in brilliant LED lights! Participants will set out on a 5K course through the Santa Claus Land of Lights, located inside Lake Rudolph. Runners, walkers, and strollers are welcome!
Along the merry way you will be met with elves, reindeer, magical holiday surprises…and thousands of spectacular lights! This family friendly fun loving Christmas spectacular event is guaranteed to warn the heart of even Scrooge himself!
The first 500 participants will receive an early Christmas present (reindeer antlers and a shiny nose!), provided you’re not on the naughty list, plus a race t-shirt!
Run Run Rudolph
Saturday, December 6
Registration fee $25
Benefiting 911 Gives Hope for the Holidays and the Christmas Wishfoundation.
It is a bit sooner than normal, but we had our first snowfall of the season when we woke up this morning!
And wow, it was about four inches in some spots! Sled riding down Dasher Hill anyone? Don’t ask me how we’d stop though.
It sure is beautiful! The holly in front of our office was covered in snow.
Anyone want to volunteer to finish putting up the lights for the Santa Claus Land of Lights? It is only a teensy bit cold. Okay, I fibbed. It’s a lot cold!
But we’ll be ready for opening night on Thanksgiving!
Now that Halloween is over, it is time for our annual Santa Claus Land of Lights here at Lake Rudolph. Can you believe this our sixth year?!
Have you experienced the Santa Claus Land of Lights yet? It’s a magical light show that tells the Shining Story of Rudolph.
Did you know that Rudolph was born here in Santa Claus, Indiana? Well, he was. Right here at Lake Rudolph.
Our light show tells the story of how Rudolph worked and trained hard to one day lead Santa’s sleigh!
2014 Santa Claus Land of Lights
5 – 9pm CT
Thanksgiving through December 14
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
December 17 – New Year’s Eve
Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Costume contest favorites from weeks 5, 6, and 7!
A lot goes into decorating a site for Halloween Weekends here at Lake Rudolph. Especially a first place site.
Over the course of three afternoons, we took a photo every minute of the Derringer’s Haunted Trail on 18-K. They were busy! Here’s the fun time lapse video …
Our favorites from Halloween Weekends 3 & 4.
Whether we want to admit it or not, Christmas is around the corner! We’ve been busy getting our Rudolph’s Christmas Package all set and working on the Santa Claus Land of Lights!
Celebrate Christmas with us at Lake Rudolph. What better place than Santa Claus, Indiana? Enjoy visiting with Santa, relaxing in your Rudolph’s Christmas Cabin in front of the fireplace, or driving through our one-of-a-kind themed light show.
Rudolph’s Christmas Package
- December 5 & 6
- December 12 & 13
- December 19 & 20
Our town of Santa Claus, Indiana, is also holding our Santa Claus Christmas Celebration. They’ll be plenty of time to visit with Santa, shop at the Santa Claus Christmas Store or the Arts & Crafts show, and enjoy our town Christmas parade. View the complete list of events.
Reserve Online or call us at 1-877-478-3657 to book your Christmas getaway!