Your Halloween Weekends experience wouldn’t be complete without a souvenir Halloween shirt. Each year Rudolph transforms into a spooky or fun character.
Run for your lives from
These shirts are black and they GLOW IN THE DARK! Adult, Youth and Toddler sizes are offered.
Both long and short sleeve T-shirts are available. They may be purchased in our Camp Store. Short sleeve shirts are $11.95, long sleeve are $13.95.
Are you prepared for the zombie apocalypse?
Enjoy spooktacular Halloween activities including Bonfire Ghost Stories, Trick-or-Treating, Costume and Site Decorating Contests, Rudy’s Kid’s Carnival, Frightful Film Classics, Haunted Hayrides, and more. Dance until you drop at our Halloween party, complete with a sound and light show. Participate in family friendly Halloween activities for everyone … mummies, daddies, teens and little monsters.
Our Halloween activities are only for those staying at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort and their guests.
|2016 Halloween Weekends:
||2017 Halloween Weekends:
|September 16 & 17
September 23 & 24
September 30 & October 1
October 7 & 8
October 14 & 15
October 21 & 22
October 28 & 29
|September 15 & 16
September 22 & 23
September 29 & 30
October 6 & 7
October 13 & 14
October 20 & 21
October 27 & 28
We hope to spook you, er … we mean SEE you, soon!
Waiting, hiding … lurking in the shadows. He is the living dead, em … deer.
Are you prepared? Do you have what it takes to survive the zombie apocalypse during Halloween Weekends at Lake Rudolph?
Here are a few helpful tips in case of a zombie attack.
Step 1: Remain calm.
Step 2: If you’re not wearing your Zombie Rudolph T-Shirt you’re probably a lost cause at this point.
Step 3: If you are wearing your Zombie Rudolph T-Shirt you can fool the zombie my dragging one leg, ripping your clothes, adopting a blank stare, and mumbling “Om nom nom.”
Step 4: Do not engage the zombie!
Step 5: If you engage the zombie, (we said to not engage … were you not listening?!) offer candy as a trade. Avoid candy corn as that will only anger the zombie. We’re talking good candy. Example: chocolate.
Step 6: If the zombie accepts you as one of it’s own and moves along, evacuate the area and relocate immediately.
We’re looking for a Hospitality Host to join our Lake Rudolph team!
Do you enjoy working with the public? Join our team at Lake Rudolph and embark on an exciting new opportunity! We are looking for a Hospitality Host to greet all visitors and direct them to their destinations. Customer service is important since you will be the first line of contact for all visitors!
Hospitality Hosts greet all visitors and directs them to their destinations. They obtain pertinent information from each guest entering the campground, handing out promotional materials to prospective guests, and checking in late arrival guests.
This is an overnight position with shifts from 10pm to 7am, including weekends.
- Greet all visitors and guests, directing them to their destinations.
- Obtain name, license plate number, phone number, and email address of each non-resident/guest entering the community.
- Hand-out promotional material to prospective guests.
- Answer the telephone courteously.
- Submit maintenance requests for issues such as electrical, sewer and water break problems as needed.
- Greet and register late arriving guests, if applicable; Escort late arriving RVs to the appropriate site.
- On a nightly basis, check all buildings, turn-off lights, and lock doors and gates as directed. Monitor the community, noting any deficiencies. Check homes on the house checklist for unusual situations requiring attention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read maps
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Basic computer proficiency including the ability to use email and internet
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to respond to community needs during non-business hours
If interested please email resume to Laura Barker, Guest Services Manager, at email@example.com or call 812-224-1719.
Have an idea for our Halloween T-Shirt … we want to hear it. And we’ll reward you if we think it’s a great idea!
Post your Halloween Weekends shirt idea as a comment on this blog post no later than 11:59 pm CT next Thursday, July 7. If we choose your idea we’ll give you a $100 Lake Rudolph gift card to use on camping reservations, at the Camp Store, and Blitzen Kitchen!
Ready to submit your idea? Great! How do you enter? Rules are below:
- The winner will receive a $100 Lake Rudolph gift card. Use it to reserve your site or vacation rental, in the Camp Store, or at Blitzen Kitchen.
- All entries must be posted as a “comment” on this RedNosed blog post no later than 11pm CT on Tuesday, July 26, 2016. You do not need to include your address or phone number, as we will notify the winner by email. And don’t worry … your email will not be published with your comment.
- All blog comments are moderated (Rudolph is watching remember?) so as long as they are not spam or naughty in any way, we’ll approve and post them. Please keep in mind that your comment may not show up immediately.
- You don’t have to actually design a shirt, simply let us know what you think Rudolph should be for Halloween this year!
- More than one entry per person is allowed, but each entry must be posted as a separate comment to be considered an official entry. Please post each entry one at a time and not in a list form.
- To enter, you must be 18 years old or older.
- We reserve the right to not use any of the submitted T-shirt design ideas. But in the instance that happens we’ll still choose the winner that submitted our favorite.
- Employees of Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, Sun Communities, and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- If we receive multiple entries of the same t-shirt idea (and decide to choose that design), the entry received first (time-stamped on the pre-moderated posts) will win.
If you are not able to access the comments section of this blog post, you may also email your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a fun, summer treat! Kool-aid ice cubes and sprite. This is a cute camping treat too.
These are so easy to make! Simply mix up your favorite Kool-aid and then freeze into ice cubes. Mix and match colors or keep it simple with the same color. Pour sprite over ice cubes and enjoy.
Tastes like skittles!!
Memorial Day Weekend Rental RV Special
Stay Two Nights, Get Third Night Free!
Stay with us in a KING Size Rental RV over Memorial Day Weekend and get the third night free!
- May 27 – 29, 2016 (KING Size Rental RV ONLY)
Discount for third night applied upon check in. Reserve Online or call us to make your reservation at (888) 929-7010.
May is an excellent time to visit Lake Rudolph and enjoy a more relaxing stay before the hustle of the busy summer season. It is a great time to visit Holiday World for smaller crowd sizes.
Stay with us in May and save! Goodbye Winter, Hello Summer!
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter
- 2 dry pints fresh blueberries, picked over and washed
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup unbleached pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Prepare grill or campfire for medium heat.
- Place cast iron skillet on the heat and add 1 stick of butter.
- When melted add blueberries and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cook until mixture bubbles and becomes a light syrup, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and remaining butter until it resembles crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk. Mix until the dough just comes together. Don’t overmix!
- Drop by spoonfuls on top of blueberry mixture. About four 1/4 cup lumps.
- Cover skillet with foil and cook until filing is bubbly, cobbler is firm, and a toothpick comes out clean. About 30 – 40 minutes.
- Serve warm … with ice cream of course!
– Recipe courtesy of ChowHound.com
Want to know how to pick your favorite site or vacation rental? Want to know how to get a golf car for Halloween Weekends? Reserve early that’s how!
See these kids?
They’re happy right? It’s because their parents reserved early and they got a golf car. 🙂
As of today, May 15, we are now taking reservations for 2016 and ALL of 2017 via phone and online. To reserve by phone call us at 1-877-478-3657 … or Reserve Online. Not sure how to request a specific site or vacation rental online? Or ask for a golf car? Just add your requests in the comments/notes field and we’ll honor them if we can!
Happy 2017 Reservations!
If you share our passion for excellent customer service and enjoy meeting new people, Lake Rudolph has seasonal openings in the following departments:
- Shuttle Operators
- Snack Bar Attendants
- Maintenance Technicians