We’ve flipped the switch and our Santa Claus Land of Lights opens this Thursday, on Thanksgiving night! Make plans to visit with your family and create a fun holiday tradition.
Our outdoor light show tells the Shining Story of Rudolph in bright, energy-efficient LED lights. It’s the only light show in North America that tells a story in both lights and storyboards!
Discount coupons ($4 off) are available at participating McDonald’s locations in Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois. Click here for a complete list of locations.
2013 Operating Schedule:
- Open Thanksgiving Night and Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through December 8
- Nightly December 13 through New Year’s Eve
- Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- 5 – 9pm CT
Old Fashioned Fudge
- 2 sticks of butter
- 6 cups of sugar
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of marshmallow cream
- 18 oz (1 1/2 packages) of chocolate chips
- 2 t. good vanilla
In a large dutch oven on medium heat, melt butter, sugar and evaporated milk. Heat to boiling and once it has come to a rolling boil, set a 6 minute timer. Once the six minutes is up, remove from heat and add the marshmallow cream and chocolate chips.
After it’s good and combined, add the vanilla and continue to stir until the fudge no longer runs quickly off the spoon. It should sort of collapse off the spoon if that makes sense. If it doesn’t, I can’t help you.
You’re ready to pour the fudge onto a jelly roll pan and spread the mixture evenly around. Wait about 30 minutes or so and then start slicing!
Do you enjoy running 5K races? Or experiencing beautiful LED Christmas lights with your family? We’ve combined the best of both worlds with the Run Run Rudolph 5K!
Bring your family and friends and experience the story of Rudolph told in brilliant LED lights! The race will begin at the Santa Claus Christmas Store located at 33 N Kringle Place in Santa Claus, Indiana. Participants will set out on a 5K course through the Santa Claus Land of Lights.
Along the merry way you will be met with elves, reindeer, magical holiday surprises…and thousands of spectacular lights!
Celebrate Christmas with us at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort and create family memories to last a lifetime.
Sip hot cocoa in front of the fireplace in your Christmas cabin, participate in Christmas family activities, and even have breakfast with Santa!
We have two package options for you to choose from …
Rudolph’s Family Christmas Standard Package includes:
A $345 value for $280!
Rudolph’s Family Christmas Deluxe Package includes:
A $405 value for $325!
- Royal Icing (recipe below) or Decorator’s Frosting
- HERSHEY’S Kisses Milk Chocolates or HERSHEY’S Kisses Pumpkin Spice Flavored Candies
- Mini vanilla wafer cookies
- REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips or HERSHEY’S Butterscotch Chips
Prepare icing and place in pastry bag with small tip. Remove wrappers from candies.
Place mini vanilla wafer cookies on tray or plate with flat side of cookie towards the top. Squeeze small amount of icing onto bottom of candy piece. Immediately press candy bottom onto vanilla wafer cookie. Allow time to set.
Place small dab of icing on bottom of peanut butter chip or butterscotch chip and immediately attach to top of cookie to finish your acorn.
Stir together 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons warm water and 3/4 teaspoon pasteurized dried egg whites (meringue powder). Beat until spreadable. Add additional water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to get desired consistency. Tint with food color, if desired. Cover icing with damp paper towel to keep icing from drying out. About 1/4 cup icing.
- Recipe courtesy of Hersheys.com.
A few of our favorites from the Halloween Weekends season thus far!
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 package shredded cheese
- 1 container salsa
- 1 package tortillas
- Additional toppings … Tomatoes, refried beans, cilantro, onions, black olives, etc.
Lay the tortillas out, then spread salsa on the tortilla. After, put the cheese on the salsa and add the shredded lettuce. After, put the pizza on the grill for about 5 minutes.
The more salsa you lay on, the spicier the pizza. The longer you leave the pizza on the grill, the crunchier it will get. You could also substitute salsa for refried beans.
- Recipe courtesy of QuietJourney.com.
Faster than a speeding bullet …
More powerful than a locomotive …
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound …
Look, up in the sky! It’s a bird … it’s a plane!
It’s SUPER RUDY!
Yes, it’s Super Rudy. Strange visitor from another place who came to Lake Rudolph with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal reindeer. Super Rudy, who can change the course of Santa’s Sleigh and bend steel in his bare hands.
Okay, so maybe he can’t bend steel in his bare hands … but he can change the course of Santa’s Sleigh!
Make sure to purchase your 2013 souvenir Halloween Weekends T-Shirt in the Camp Store! They may be purchased in Adult, Youth and Toddler sizes. Both long and short sleeve T-shirts are available. Short sleeve shirts are $11.95, long sleeve are $13.95.
Family Fall-O-Weekend Packages. Say that three times fast. I triple dog dare you.
Fall packages that feature all the fun of our Halloween Weekends PLUS add-on activities such as horseback riding, Happy Halloween Weekends at Holiday World, and more. Choose your favorite package and enjoy the Fall season in Santa Claus, Indiana!
- Stay with us in a Standard Rental RV, King Size Rental RV, Super King Size Rental RV, Family Cabin, Legendary Cabin or Rudolph’s Christmas Cabin!
- Choose from activities like tickets for Holiday World Happy Halloween Weekends, passes to Santa’s Stables, and Christmas Cash to spend at attractions such as Christmas Lake Golf Course, Holly Tree Christmas Shop, Jingle Bell Rock Family Sports Pub, Lincoln Amphitheatre, Lincoln State Park Camp Store, Monkey Hollow Winery, Pepper’s Ridge Winery, Saint Meinrad Archabbey Gift Shop, Santa’s Candy Castle, Santa Claus Museum & Village, Santa’s Stables, or St. Nick’s Restaurant.
Package prices vary depending on what lodging option and activities you choose.
Visit our Family Fall-O-Weekend page to view all the options and pricing.